Monday, March 28, 2011

Why I want to be a pilot?

To me flying is something people need to have passion for. The greatest feeling of being a pilot as many captains would agree is the absolute freedom they feel. We have not lived our life until we have soared off into sunsets that normal people cant even begin to imagine. We get to maneuver the throttles, going fast, faster, fastest on the most sophisticated machine, zoom down runaways with only the future in the way, lift into the sky to play with the clouds, watch heaven's light dance, looking out of the window counting the stars in the blackest nights at 40,000 feet and seeing the lights of London, Paris and Amsterdam all at once. A pilot also gets paid well with very good benefit supporting them. I can have a stable, disciplined life along with the most prestigious career but on a basic level, flying is flying, and I simply love to do it as much as I can. I can’t think of a better job in the world having to come for finals and then take off again shortly after, seeking new experiences in the air.

Yet, the main satisfaction is to be able to serve people; to help them reconnect with their loved ones from around the world. With my knowledge and passion I could help them to arrive at their destination safely and on time. Although I am yet to be a pilot, the experience of witnessing happiness on peoples' faces at the airport when their loved ones are in their embrace or for some ,who are relieved knowing that they will be able to continue with their plans smoothly is simply priceless. I understood what that euphoria means and I would love to be a part of it.

The importance of being in love with one’s job cannot be underestimated. So many people unfortunately wind up in a job they don’t really enjoy. The dread of having to wake up for work, can’t wait to get off work, and they don’t even miss it when they quit or retire. I have yet to see any retired pilots expressing such sentiments. Its tough to beat the combination of challenge, fun, travel, lifestyle, income, etc, with any other career field that I can think of and being a pilot is more like a gift. With all this being a pilot would fulfills my life and the same time to show the world what is Malaysian Hospitality is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment